Powered By Blogger

Monday 2 July 2012

Battle of Wills


Sorry fellas, I had not been available for a week now. Had to take time off alone to think. I would be resuming today and I am scared of what might happen. The below is the concluding story of my Greek gift.

I let out a sigh and was totally overwhelmed by what had just happened. I couldn't comprehend someone spending that much time studying me. I felt violated, he knew everything about me and walked out like it was a harmless discussion he had with me.
Now on his private jet he barely turned to look at me. I can’t even say he has interest in me, everything he said was so vague, and I can’t pin him down with his statement. I love being in control, that has always been my strong point but right now I feel like am losing the plot. My earlier decision was to hunt down this prey of mine, so what if he is a spoilt kid with lots of money.  Who cares if he is my boss and everyone coos and woo him at every opportunity they get. I made up my mind...I ain’t going to be a walk over; cougar mode activated.
We finally touched down at Calabar and I made it a point of reference not to look at him. I strolled out and made few calls, called an agent and booked a room at the resort we would be staying. Also chattered a cab that would drop me at the resort. I went for a drink; smiling to myself I touched up my makeup. And then a hefty man walked up to me, "we have been waiting...” "And tell your boss to run along, I would meet him there. Please quote me"
I smiled, trying to imagine the look on his face when he receives my newsworthy command to him. My bank account is going to suffer for this little adventure but it’s worth it.
I was now in a meeting with his Personal Assistant when he breezed in and asked the young lady to excuse us. I stiffened a bit and he just sat looking at me without saying a word. I was suddenly limp, losing control I barked out “for how long are you going to continue this charade kid, my company may sack me as a result of not getting this deal but I could care less. I am done. I have booked my flight to Lagos and I find your little hobby of checking up on people creepy” My heart was tumbling within me but I had to do what I had to do. 

I really hope my week would turn out well...

1 comment:

  1. Nicely written! Is dis d last one as you said concluding?...well done

    ReplyDelete