Powered By Blogger

Saturday 23 June 2012

A Greek Gift 2 (Sequel to Cougar)


I was now seated, instinctively I used the seat belt, tried looking behind me and I could notice the aircraft was almost empty. I felt cold chills down my spine, what if this is a new plot kidnappers now use on their prey? I doubt I would be a good offer for them; people who will cry for me aren’t up to three and they don’t have a treasure chest stacked with different currencies.
I thought about making a quick phone call to Lameh but feared; not on how she would react at me jumping on a freebie but the theories she would draw up concerning my fate.
I relaxed in my seat and a young guy walked in. He had a strange aura around him; burly looking men walked up to him and asked if he needed anything. Then he took his seat next to mine. I looked at him and he barely acknowledged me.  I grimaced; “all these spoilt rich pikins”
We were finally cleared by the pilot to relax and enjoy the flight to Abuja. Immediately I clicked off my seat belt, I was met with a stare.
“You are not a very patient Lady Ma’am”
I blinked hard; this spoilt rich kid had the guts to chat me up “Boy, what exactly is your grouse, it is too early in the day to be money drunk”
With an unchanged expression he said “Cece, you close from work 5pm, your overtime is 8pm maximum. You head out to chill at La katchey and spend no more than 45minutes daily. You patronize them on a Sunday too. You are very single, a sworn feminist. You recently flunked your last presentation for a multibillion company and you are heading to Abuja for negotiations with that same company” then he paused.
I recoiled on my seat and felt nauseated suddenly, now his eyes had the steely look of a killer. I froze thinking there was a plot to kill me. I struggled to breath, and then he smiled.
“It is part of my policy to do background checks on anyone working for me” and my jaw dropped. “You intrigue me Cece. I am sorry my now ex-girlfriend pulled all that stunt on you, besides eight years is not much of a big deal is it”
Suddenly my brain went into rewind; all the dots now are connected. Little wonder all those security checks and cancellation of flights, the stares I felt. I tried saying another word but stuttered “Save your breath Cece, you need a lot of rest right now”
We finally touched down and I hurriedly stood up from my seat, not knowing how to address him he said “No need to rush, we are boarding a private jet to Obudu Cattle Ranch” I opened my mouth but again words couldn’t be formed “Abuja is low on traffic but the atmosphere is not serene enough. I am curious, how do you manage a seat in economy class” and he walked ahead of me.

2 comments: