Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 5 June 2012

Memories of a Smile


Its that time of the month and somehow I feel my mood swing is getting the better of me. Someone caught my attention, an elderly woman hawking gala..she smiled.
A Smile
I was tired,fatigued and needed more rest than the half empty bus could give me and then she smiled. It was a knowing smile, she could almost feel what I was going through and I responded with an appreciative smile.
Immediately I remembered all the notable smiles I had encountered. The self-depreciating smile a widow gives herself, the scornful smile the Policemen gave me when I reminded them of my rights.
The plastic smiles politicians and beauty pageant contestants readily show , the natural smile of a child as he gazes into the unknown, the radiant smile of fulfillment when a bride walks down the Isle.
For some others its the smile of hope, hope for a better tomorrow, hope that things can only get better. A smile for the good old days, memories of yesteryear's, with a tear threatening to drop a smile still shines through.
I know recent happenings are not exactly smile worthy, but a smile is a gift, a hope,a thought that could bring forth a better future, if its sincerely from the heart.
Smile

4 comments:

  1. Wat of the smile of being at. U̶̲̥̅̊ are simply unmatched..

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for your comment..would have loved to see a name attached...hope ure smiling through this period and this rainy weather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smile: a departure from the norm... There's always a reason to smile... God is

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for reminding me of how important a smile can be coming from a shared mood and experience. Lets all make our genuine smile be more contagious as possible. Share a smile today it might save a life.

    ReplyDelete