Powered By Blogger

Monday 18 June 2012

The Onsong for the Unsung


 I am not much of a poet but this is my piece to many girls,ladies,sisters, wives and mothers out there. We really don't talk about this but its real, I am celebrating some great heroines today.

unsung hero

Unveiled in a little town
Untouched, she moved freely
Unseen, she was raped
Unspoken, the deed remained
Unkempt, she was an eyesore
Until she voiced her anger
Unapologetic she was so used
Uncle Dan, the unashamed culprit
Uninterrupted, she told her story
Unloved, she was booed
Undeterred, she made her case
Unresolved, the issue was
Unspoken, her name became
Unknown, victims like her suffered
Unbecoming became the act
Unsung, she was an unknown hero

Cece..

2 comments:

  1. Quite touching, I pray and hope that this damning act stop. I feel I cld help ease their pain but Its so sad that Its not getting to them....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really nice. I am very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete