Powered By Blogger

Monday 11 June 2012

Time Out


nkwobi
Ever thought about a perfect get away from the hustles and bustles of life…I decided to take two of my good girlfriends out for lunch. We wanted something African, tasty, saucy that would bring out our inner yen and get us refreshed for the week ahead. Note that we are single ladies.
Already at the joint we ordered two plates of Nkwobi and one plate of NgwoNgwo and the meal did not disappoint. With running noses, we started talking about our personal lives one after the other. I was not sure of where I stood in my relationship and I passed on the conversation, Gf 1 is about getting married and was the most excited of the three of us. Gf 2 had held onto a grudge for a long time and wants to finally give peace a chance in her relationship.
Well I made some observations, men winked, some offered to join us and my friends obliged them. “It’s a table for three” I was quick to say, but my friends were having none of that.. “Don’t you look dashing” they would say and give them a knowing look indicating that I am single and up for talks.
 I was forced into conversation with my friends and two guys, my mind drifted to the Nigeria vs Malawi game, Manny vs Bradley match, Portugal vs Germany and I kept fiddling with my phone to get any updates.
Nadal's 7th major on clay
I was reprieved, my phone was seized and I was given a lecture on how to be less boyish and more girlish. They also promised to make my picture their DP for a week; a form of advertisement to drive men my way. And those guys gladly asked for their pins. I passed on mine. I was about settling the bills when one of the guys in a rather loud manner declared he would be a gentle man and pay up. I reminded him that he table crashed, it’s my bill to foot and I work hard for my money hence spend it as I like.
Okay my friends gave me a piece of their mind later on but I made my point..I am no endangered specie waiting to be helped…
Meanwhile, Nadal won his record 7th major on clay court... (At least I am celebrating a man)
Winks

7 comments:

  1. NIcE one.... Knowledge about sports for women is a great .................. For guys.. Celebrate the man of the moment... King of Clay .... Nadal

    ReplyDelete
  2. & lewis hamilton won d canadian grand prix making 7 diff winners dis season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And lewis hamilton won d canadian grand prix.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my bad..yes i knew that..but as at the time of posting this article, Nadal was the man of the moment..

    ReplyDelete
  5. my bad..yes i knew that..but as at the time of posting this article, Nadal was the man of the moment..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Femi Otedola indicted Farouk Lawan for demanding money from him to exonerate his company from the list of those that collected subsidy.

    After suspending play for about 20hrs Nadal had the day with 6-4 6-3 2-6 7-5 victory over Djoks, denying Djoks his 4th consecutive Grand Slam title and wins a record seventh Frensh Open.

    Andriy Shevchenko was d toast of Ukraine as he scored a brace that gave his side a 3 point lead on the table.

    Englang was levelled on point with France. ~fola~

    ReplyDelete
  7. You just really need to be alot more girlish and act as if u wld not survive without a man even though U can survive but its all a act to just try it. It wld make a surprise cos men wld flock around U.

    ReplyDelete