Powered By Blogger

Friday 8 June 2012

Ink Cry


I must have woken up on the wrong side of my bed today because everything I did was not just right. I burnt my favourite Thomas pink shirt and was late for my presentation this morning. 
While giving my presentation I made a grammatical blunder and stopped midway complaining of exhaustion in a cold airy room.
I tried to getting myself back to work by playing Enya on my laptop when a colleague brought his hard drive for me to check some information he got on a new brief and pronto! My laptop caught a deadly auto run virus that completely crashed my system. I hit my fist on my table and cursed out loud as people peeped in to check if I was still normal. My blood was hot; I packed up my laptop and headed out of the office in a rush to get to P.c repair centre.
I tripped on the stairs and rolled to the floor. People rushed to my sight and I became a free cinema, as if the insult was not enough the new guy that I have a crush on was right in front of me. I was pale with embarrassment and tried to get up but still stumbled because my knees were trembling.  He helped me up as I quickly regained strength, dusted off my clothes and smiled lamely to him, picked up my laptop bag and my fallen ego as I made my way for the car.
While driving Chuks called to find out if I had finally decided to pick one of his options of walking out of his life or staying? And just imagine Chucks has a dedicated girlfriend but because they are both “As” he wants to have an affair with me and even suggested marriage if only I could pretend or lie about my age to his family because I’m two years older than him. Well poor chucks choose a wrong time to ask his silly question as I gave him his size and simply told him that men on earth are not finished and I have a marriage proposal with another (Kv).  I’m not looking for an immature male or a bigot to offer me a life line.
 I hung up the phone smiled satisfactorily to myself, made a U-turn and headed home not minding the query I may receive in the office tomorrow, right now I need a cool bath and sleep.
I got back to my house and sank to the sofa, tried hard to relax but could not help remembering all that happened in one day, my brain replayed everything and in my true melancholy mood I drowned myself in self pity but refused to cry.
 Instead I picked up a paper and pen and let the ink cry a river for me as I poured out the emotional jargon's and set my mind free........

1 comment:

  1. It wasn't a bad day @ d end cos u got d courage to tell off chucks which was d right ting to do $ u got to write dis beautiful piece

    ReplyDelete