Powered By Blogger

Friday 15 June 2012

COUGAR?


Mscheeeeewww, I let out a long hiss. I was clearly not amused by another missed call from a private number on my phone. At first I thought a friend was playing a cruel joke on me or a colleague or familiar enemy but now this is turning to a daily obsession.
cougar Me
I refused to pick because I just had a strange feeling the caller was up to mischief. Now this has been going on for a week and clearly at wits end I told my friend, Lameh. She suggested I picked the call and listen to what the caller has to say. I was having none of that; I rather submit a report to the police and get an order to the service provider to release the number of my chief tormentor.
 “Cece, it would be nice if you actually take time out to listen to other peoples opinion, you are becoming more cynical as you age and to think you are not yet forty”
“Ouch” I retorted.
“That was mean”, but Lameh has never been the one to hide her feelings she just blurts it out.
“Get over yourself, hear the caller out” she responded not minding my bruised ego.
I decided to pick up whenever the caller dialed my number and I missed the call again. I am not known for multitasking, as I lose my concentration easily when something is bothering my mind. I took a break and left my seat. Pacing up and down, trying to figure out who this unknown person is my phone rang. It was a private number again, I composed myself and picked but before I could say a word the below was reeled out to me.
“Cradle snatcher, if you want to settle down badly, pick your age. My man is out of bounds, I can take it if he goes on with a girl of our age group but you are way too old for him. What is deceiving you, or who are you fooling. Your wrinkles will always shine through.” And the line went off. I was stunned; I staggered a bit and walked slowly to my seat. 
Then text messages with the subject “Old rag” filled my phone with the same words spoken to me as the body. After filling up my inbox I took permission and closed early.
My mind kept thinking, Chuks is the only one I was dating that I was older than and K.v is older than me with years. I had told Chuks off already.
 Is there someone else that I don’t know that is younger than me?
What is the big deal in dating someone younger than me?
Why should the girlfriend see me as a threat after all “I am old and wrinkly”
If I am that much of a threat to her, then I must be doing something she has no idea of. I am not going to throw myself in self pity mode, I have a plan.
Hunt down this prey of mine and be the cougar.

9 comments:

  1. guilty yet without a crime. beautiful blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. that would be shameful of u then. i geuss u missed ur chance or u wr busy doing so many guys u forgot to chose urs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So now U r fighting after the war has ended. Goodluck with that, but as U wld soon find out Its already too late......

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's very simple to find out any matter on web as compared to textbooks, as I found this post at this website.
    Feel free to surf my web page ; cougars

    ReplyDelete
  5. since
    ur tym has pased u wnt 2 kill dat of orderz since u fill u doing sumtin she isnt doing dats cus ur wrinkled age suks nd has made u got experience bt rily dnt u wnt to setle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy hunting

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw this post, bookmarked it, and saved it for before bed.
    I read it and enjoyed it. It was a perfect way to end to a stressful day.
    Thank you.

    Then something odd happened. When I fell asleep I had the strangest dream.



    In my dream I was still in bed, reading your blog, when I heard some noise coming fron downstairs.
    Laughter, music, bottles clinking. Like there was a party
    going on or something. When I went downstairs in my sweat
    pants and a t-shirt there was a bunch of young guys in their early 20s and a bunch
    of older women in their 40s, 50s and 60s. Good looking and
    well dressed. It was like a cougar dating website party or something.
    When they saw me the music and frivolity stopped.
    I felt somewhat embarassed until I realized it was my house so I asked who they were and why they were having a party in my living room.


    Then the crowd parted and out walked a frog wearing a crown and purple
    robe, carrying a scepter. Like he was the king of the frogs.


    We all stood there for what seemed like a eternity waiting for it to speak ...

    and then it finally it opened up its little froggy mouth and ...


    Then I woke up.

    Thats it. No more Thai leftover before bed. Unless it
    wasnt the food but your blog that was the cause.
    Just kidding ; )

    ReplyDelete