Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 19 June 2012

A Greek Gift1 (Sequel to Cougar?)

Greek gift

“So, how is this booby trap turning out” and my mind was brought back to reality. I should have known better than tell Lameh about the anonymous phone calls to my line. Now she is busy playing ‘Madame Inspector’ asking for progress report almost every minute.
“I have a flight to catch and I am yet to figure out who this guy with the control freak girlfriend is”
This is the reason why myself and Lameh can never share a flat or live together, her urge for gist is insatiable like bokoharam’s urge for blood. But I do love my friend; she pushes me on, and keeps me sane if you know what I mean…
Entering into MMA2, I had a strange feeling I was being watched. It is kind of creepy.
 I tripped severally and I was stunned to realize I couldn’t check in despite purchasing e-ticket weeks before. The protocol officer simply told me due to some problems beyond their control I can’t check in. “what rubbish, you mean I booked a ticket weeks ago and this is the crap you are telling me”
“Madame, we will fix you in for the next flight later in the evening and you can purchase business class if you must go with this. It is beyond our control” I was angry and amazed at how she could be so rude yet smiling innocently like she has said nothing wrong. Thought about how she addressed me “Madame”...Is it so obvious now that I am past my prime. I shook my head in disdain.
There was no use struggling for attention there, I was not the only one affected. After selling our tickets to the highest bidder we were treated like flies feasting on a meal. I was preparing to walk away, maybe its God telling me to abort this flight.
 Then, someone walked to me. Apologized for the mix up asked for my e ticket and came back with a business class ticket for me. No words said, just accompanied with a card. It had a man’s name.
I contemplated, stood still and said “what the heck, what would be would be” I could care less what the business card was for. It could be the new marketing strategy for selling a company without a name, just registered number.
 On my way boarding the flight I couldn’t help but notice that we were not up to ten. I tried looking behind me and my heart raced. I felt I was being monitored followed but I couldn’t turn back now. It is a big business meeting I am going for.
 I walked in, took my seat, though my heart kept telling me there is more to it. But a free business class ticket, maybe I am not as old as the protocol officer portrayed me to be.

2 comments:

  1. Waiting for d next write up...keep d fire burning, truly d gift of a man makes room for him

    ReplyDelete
  2. TROJAN HORSE...... Smile...... The last has not been seen. ~fola~

    ReplyDelete