Powered By Blogger

Saturday 5 March 2016

A DARN GOOD YEAR .... EPISODE 9


LAGOS (Ajah) 4:45 am

Segun entered his room tired and sleepy after driving all round the estate searching for a grown adult that was screaming their late son’s name. He felt the bitter pain again and almost felt like cursing Sam for making him suffer from her paranoia with Jason. Coming home has now become his worst nightmare and he continued in his thought until he fell asleep.

Hill crust hospital (Ajah) 5:00 am

Sam could finally get a well deserved sleep, as Kojo was transferred from the emergency ward to a private ward for recuperating patients. She woke up two hours later and went to the doctors’ office asking to speak with Jason. The doctor who had been their family physician for a while was startled but still tried to calm her down saying “Jason’s condition is stable and you may go and see him, if you are not too tired of course”. Immediately she jumped from the chair smiled and forcing her legs to walk as gently as possible she made her way to the ward. On getting there he was sleeping and looked relaxed Sam grabbed a seat and decided to pour her heart out now or never “You know you have made me live with so much guilt and now I’m just going to spit it out. Where in the world did I go wrong with you, why did you have to try and kill yourself, for goodness sake that is the cheapest thing to do and a great act of cowardice. You knew earlier on that she had leukemia and I tried to warn you that it may not last. Yes I know you loved her but she lost her life on the surgeons table and I’m sure she would have wanted you to live life for her as well”
Now taken aback emotionally she cried, holding him like she would never let go, Sam held his hand and cried “ I am so happy you have another chance now, but after making me live in misery for so long. Jason why?” the bed shifted and Kojo held her hands now, tears streaming from his face he mumbled between sobs
 “ What would I have done, sleeping with same sex makes me sick but I could not stop myself . I still have the dream mother, to be a professional photographer, yes I do. I just can’t summon the courage to do it and …I”
 He felt the hands that held him go still as he opened his eyes wide to see who was in front of him
 “Sam”

Samantha finally closed her mouth, trembling all over she could finally talk “Kojo”. Saying that she stood up and started crying for reasons she was not so sure of, maybe finally realizing that Jason is long gone and buried six feet or coming to the shocking discovery of Kojos sexuality. Either way she cried and was inconsolable; trembling all over and trying to talk at the same time she gasped and fainted. Darkness surrounding her and voices she could not make sense of.

About two hours later Sam jumped from her bed and wanted to let out a scream but for the quick hands that hurriedly covered her mouth and stilled her. After regaining her composure she started crying again and a dazzled Shelly could only conclude that her best friend has finally lost her mind or is undergoing a bad case of mood swing. Samantha had always been a melancholic child but never has her case been this terrible; fluctuating from a scream, laughing and moving into tears at the same time. Like a mind reader Sam stood up from the bed smiled at her friend and whispered “I am just fine dear, maybe its menopause and my bad mood swing” she lied, afraid to say the truth and what she might think of her. Unable to understand her sudden attraction for Kojo and how shaken she was on knowing the truth about him. She smiled again as she remembered she never  gave him the newspaper, another reason to see him again.  
Frowning at the thought of Kojo not wanting to see her Shelly smiled and said “Dear I know, he was the one that called me to come and see you at the hospital. Segun said he couldn’t make it because he had to go and monitor a new project in the Caribbean’s. He apologized for not telling you beforehand and would be spending three months there. I heard it’s a seven star resort and……”

No comments:

Post a Comment