Powered By Blogger

Thursday 3 March 2016

A DARN GOOD YEAR................EPISODE 7


 LAGOS (AJAH) 8:35pm

Sam was in for a rude shock as she entered the house and met Segun seated in the sitting room reading. His gaze met hers and he simply nodded, lifted the torn piece of paper and demanded an explanation for her recent behavior. She did not hide her resentment and told him she had no explanation for him, irritated he moved to hit her.
 Sam dodged and smiled “you blame me for being a bad mother to our children, you run away from me like I am infectious and now you attempt to hit me for no good reason. Jason is dead and gone, let his spirit rest and let mine be free, Laura has chosen her life, let me live mine too and you have chosen to be a bully but I will no longer be a weakling for you to trample on, I came home late today, so what?, Stay at home and cook meals you won’t touch, cry myself out and die of boredom……..you want an explanation and there goes your explanation. Good night Segun”.
He was dumbfounded and was going after her to shake her up and demand an explanation or even beat her but he cautioned himself and walked back to the bar and took another shot to bury his pain. She had opened up wounds that are still fresh even after three hundred and sixty five days.
 “ I was working my head off, as a wife and a mother she was meant to take care of the children, yes I know I have my fault but she was meant to know everything, including the symptoms of a child that was becoming suicidal. I asked her to give up her job for them, so she can watch over them, tell them reality and not Cinderella fairy stories, I was her first love but she was never mine……I just don’t know where I went wrong and now Laura, divorced after six months of marriage. Even the blind could tell he was a gold digger, I left it to Sam to talk to her but Laura stuck to her guns and now that she is hurt she blames everybody in life……..I don’t know where I went wrong” and he slept off on the couch.   

LAGOS (Lekki) 1:35 am

Kojo screamed from his sleep, shaking all over he pulled the duvet closer to himself. He had a horrible nightmare of senator Williams pulling him down into a dark pit; he closed his eyes again switched on the light saw Samanthas note and wanted to call her just to let her know he saw her note but thought it was unwise for him to call  a married woman at an ungodly hour. He could see her like a vision, seated in front of him with a huge wedding band on her left hand smiling like flowers on a sunny day. He moved to touch her but couldn’t reach her, he hissed ashamed of himself and turned back to sleep but could not. Instead he started having flashes on all his sexual escapades starting with his step-mother and later on men of power and wealth. Nauseated he jumped from his bed ran straight to the bathroom and threw up, he had lived a rotten life indeed, lied to his family in Ghana and has been a coward to himself, looking for the short and dirty way out to get money. Goose bumps appeared all over his body as sharp migraine struck his head, bending slightly he limped to his bed and wanted to call the first dialed number on his phone. 09055317698. But felt nauseated again and limped back to the bathroom. In frenzy he dialed the number 09055317698.

It rang once, twice and on the third ring it was picked……..

2 comments:

  1. update ooooooooooooo

    im enjoying this......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Yemi, update in the morning.
    Keep following

    ReplyDelete