Powered By Blogger

Thursday 17 May 2012

A CAUSE TO CELEBRATE



News has been flying, tongues wagging, eyes have been suggestive and the atmosphere has been tensed. Everyone knows there is something cooking and the recent mood of the C.E.O has said it all “business unusual from next month” He summoned all regional heads to a 4days emergency meeting and three of the regional heads tendered their resignation letter. Sources from rumour mills talked about shady practices in the office and submitted that all the accounts had been audited. A can worm of trouble is brewing as internal lobbying started in full force. “Scratch my back, I scratch your back” bosses are even frowning because the morning is no longer good. A committee on ethics and standards have been set up and people have been summoned to the distinguished panel.
Yours truly has been tensed, my work rate had been doubled as my team struggle to find the best aggressive but people friendly marketing strategy for our brand. My team members are frowning but I could care less, as the project lead if anything goes wrong then all the blame would be put on me, three straight overnights in a row to brainstorm and proffer possible solutions. The atmosphere in the office is tensed, everyone is on the edge and the deadline for the submission of our report is in two weeks time, the same date that the result of the committee would be made public.
As I walked into my office I met a letter on my table and a busy body quickly told me not to develop cold feet that everyone in the office had a letter to collect. My mind was unsettled as I couldn’t wait for the closing hour, I packed up some of my personal effects looking left and right like a thief “what if I had been demoted, transferred or even suspended........ Devil is a liar! ”. I practically raced to my car; my hands were shaking as sweat fell freely from my face. I didn’t know how I drove but I knew I got home in one peace. I walked into my room and dropped my bag on the floor, turned on my cooling system, kicked off my shoes and fell to my bed clutching the letter in my left hand. The room was suddenly cold and quiet; I stood up again to turn off the cooling system and opened the sliding windows and the curtains. I sat on the edge of my bed as I mumbled a quick prayer to God amidst tears “please help me”, I opened the envelope and could see the signature of the C.E.O and my regional head on it...........my heartbeat doubled as I opened my eyes to see my years of dedication and tireless service rewarded.............a letter of promotion as the chief marketing officer!!!!
I screamed out with a loud voice of triumph, as I let the tears roll down my cheeks, I switched on my phone and the cooling system that had been switched off and ran to the sitting room  to make a call to my mother and younger sister;  the two people I know that truly love me no matter the rain or weather.........then I started writing a list of my selected guests to my private party to commemorate my promotion. I can imagine what people would be saying “instead of her to be thinking of getting married she is busy spending money to celebrate an ordinary promotion” but I believe I have a right to celebrate my success whether I’m married or not, so I’m going to roll out the drums and celebrate big time because I’m the biggest fish in marketing now.............aint easy!!!  

1 comment:

  1. Learn to be happy at all times...It is very good for the health...Celebrate little achievements in life.

    ReplyDelete