Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 30 May 2012

RING THE ALARM!!!


Ring my Bell
My mothers’ voice had always been a constant alarm/timer/reminder telling me what to do and when to do it. Her favourite word had always been “tick says the clock tick, tick, what you have to do, do quickly”. My mum started acting as my timer /reminder when I gained admission to the University; in my first year, she told me to run as fast as I could from guys, that were just looking for a freshman to sleep with and of course I listened to her after all “mothers know best”. When I was in my final and she knew I had a boyfriend after several years of me coding it from her, she told me not to do it but if I had to, I should not jeopardize the wonderful career I had in front of me. This simply means “please do not get pregnant”. Again I listened to her, after all it was all for my own good, any pregnancy would mark an abrupt end to my career which I had not even started.
Immediately after my university education, my mum started a reminder on my need to get a masters degree. She says, “ you know love, every tom, dick and harry, now have a masters, you need to get one quickly for job security”, but I was quick to remind her that I had to serve first and she started another alarm for a year “ youth corpers  especially the guys are bad news, they are looking for peck and go, hold on to your God and you will be okay”. Mums advice is always good and motherly but am grown now and have feelings too, what happens when I’m cold and don’t want to hug my pillow, what happens when I want to hear a reassuring voice that would tell me every thing is okay and calm down my nerves? I know God can do that, but having someone that would also be there physically wouldn’t be such a bad idea.
 I followed mum’s words and I finished my service year and proceeded for my masters’ programme, but not without mums recurring alarm, now singing a different tune, “don’t be hasty to judge guys, your Mr right might just be around the corner” I chocked on my coffee as I busted out laughing, if only she knew that I had experimented and tested the waters already.
After working for four years, my mum did not hide her sentiments that I needed a ring and a man. Whenever she starts with “don’t you want me to carry your children”, I just retire to my bedroom and sleep and when her ''alarmism'' became too bad I left the house for her although I regret doing that but I face pressure in my workplace, pressure from my mother, pressure from ego stricken guys I had been unfortunate to date, pressure everywhere............... birthdays that I looked forward to was no longer the same as I would quietly countdown , for my biological clock was ticking and I was ringing my bells myself.
 I don’t have to make the available the desirable because I want to get married quickly, not every princess will end up with a prince. After my 34th birthday my mother resigned to fate that I would end up being single, it pains but looking on the brighter side, I can fully be a career lady and I balance my emotional life by having a younger man in life. I know I’m only paying for his services even though he claims he loves me, I just couldn’t bring myself to be a number 2, 3, 4... nor a mistress.
In this guys case I’m the one with the cash, so I can determine when I want to see him with my money. I only need one last request from him; a child and I would settle him so he can go and meet younger girls because I do not see a future with him. A child to hold will be the greatest gift in my entire life and I don’t think its any ones business to ask where I got the bundle of joy from. So here goes another alarm, set by me this time, because I know I’m not in the job market , in fact I don’t want to get married again, I just want a donor so I can have a baby for my biological clock is ticking. It is risk free and a lot of benefit awaits the donor............dividends plus bonus........I’m waiting......   

3 comments:

  1. Life can't always be wat we expect, wat to do is to make d best out of it. Like d decision taken

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somtimes we can on wishes everything we want from life,as they say "man proposes and God disposes".I have a question for you.Are you not yet tired of Working things your way?why don't you try working things in Gods way and you will see no time is too late or too Early.He that Has kept you alife this long will still fufil his promises in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honour Your parents so that you will live long in the the land of the living..The only commandment with a promise from GOD...Marriage is honour to yourself and to your parents...So just try as much as you can to honour them....May God help us...Being a single parent is not a Idea by God..Don't ever imbibe it

    ReplyDelete