Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 23 May 2012

MY MONTHLY SECRET


shhhhhhh 
I was a late starter, as all my friends and mates had started having their fair share of monthly droppings before I had mine. I even used to wear a sanitary towel at times to imagine what it felt like, until one day I started having abdominal pains that refused to go. I was constantly lying on my belly and I used every form of pain reliever for more than a week, yet my condition did not change. Seriously I thought I was going to die with the excruciating pain and contraction in my lower abdomen, after two more weeks of toe-curling pains I had my August visitor…………….
Joy like a river was felt deep in my soul, I felt strong and womanly for my droppings had finally arrived. A bold smile was on my face to replace all the piercing pains I’ve had to put up with until, day 1,2, 3, 4………………15,16,17………….20, came and I was still having my monthly droppings. I was as feeble as old Roger and limp as a dead leaf and had been wearing a frown for the past days as I couldn’t figure out why my case must be different. I was taken to the doctor when my folks got tired of buying sanitary towel for me and he explained that I had a minor disorder, prescribed no drugs and told me I needed rest. Finally after day 25, I could smile again as my monthly droppings packed its bags and left, whew……….. I looked anaemic to everyone around me, twenty five days of non-stop droppings, how did it happen? Maybe there is a blood making factory inside of me because it’s simply amazing, I even prayed in my distress for the flow to cease and like an answer to my prayer I did not see it for the next six months..........
Now I was a constant visitor to our family hospital, in fact I think everyone there knows my case, just imagine an auxiliary nurse saw me and said “epele Aunty, Olorun a je ko pada wa” that means “sorry Aunty, may God restore your monthly droppings” as a constant prayer arose in my house and in my heart........like a cool wind the restoration came but with an added gift called “menstrual pain”
They say in all things give thanks but why must my case be so peculiar? From day 1-4 of my monthly droppings I would moan and receive injection on day 1 of my period. I began to dread the arrival day of each month but still thank God it did not pack its bags and leave. During a particular month the pain was so bad that I was rushed to the hospital and some people murmured “she must be a sicklier” or “maybe she aborted.....Chineeeeeke......ladies of nowadays...... hia!” It’s so bad when people just open their caustic mouth and say some rubbish without finding out, judging like they are omnipresent............ its not their fault though, if not for my monthly droppings that flows with great rush like hot akamu (pap), with back pain and stomach contractions that makes me eccentric throughout.
Do I regret it? Uhm......, that’s a tough one because I curse every day 1 of my droppings for the pains that I feel, you know some literates do not understand what a lady faces with her monthly test of ability to withstand the times, the reason why a female colleague of mine said I was afraid of having my presentation that I had to dramatise like an actress. The fact is that some people have never experienced the embarrassing pain that I go through during my droppings, so they can’t understand what I face every month but I know all fingers are not equal and I always tell myself that the reason why I have to face this is because I’m tough, strong, bold and have the capacity to bear the pains other ladies can not comprehend.

3 comments:

  1. I feel ur pain, I was also a late starter but I don't feel pains all d time. What I did was to pray about it n since then its been ok but its sometin I notice dat after some time u get use to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, i av never experienced this..but,i get very moody and a bit cranky when am in that time of the month

    ReplyDelete
  3. I witnessed my cousin cried years ago while expecting her visitor...So painful ...I felt the pain myself

    ReplyDelete